LungLoveLink

Linking you to resources and support in the lung cancer community!

My sister (Linda) lost her battle today.  It has happened soooo fast.  I'm still in shock & I can't believe she's gone.  She was diagnosed 11-11.  I've appreciated the support I found here so thankyou all for that!

I'll still be hanging around here - in and out.  Since my sister's lung cancer diagnosis I decided to help raise money for lung cancer which is how I found this site & Team Lung Love.  My first race is 5-19-12 which is the Geist Half Marathon in Indy.  My wish is for more early detection & more cures & more birthdays for all.

Thanks for all you have shared with me!

Sherry

Views: 397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so very sorry for your loss.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  What a wonderful way to honor her, your running a race to help fight this horrible disease is just so wonderful.  She is lucky to have you as a sister that will keep fighting for her.

I never gave up on her & she will be there for me on race day. 

She will be the angel on your shoulder.  I always feel like my mom is my angel and is getting me through all of this.  Bless your heart!!

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister bless you for still fighting  in her memory  

The funny thing is, I came here to try to help her & you guys end up helping me!  She would be honored for me to run for lung cancer on her behalf if even 1 person might benefit :)

I'm so sorry for your loss, especially one that happened so quickly. Good luck on your race, I'm sure your sister will be with you all the way. And thank you for continuing to support everyone here at LLL. My thoughts are with you-

This is an awesome place that has given me information when I needed it, gave me suggestions and gave me hope.  My sister's story did not end well but there are many on here that did.  I love reading those stories.  Even if your story is not so great finding support here means soooo much when you might otherwise be alone & lost.  Thanks for being there for me & I want to give back some of what you all gave to me :)

I am very sorry for your loss. Keep your faith, and know that she is watching over you, smiling down on you each and every day. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thankyou...she is watching :)

Sherry,  Im so sorry about Linda.  I m sure she would be so proud of your commitment to race and raise awareness.  Good luck and you go girl.      jd  

Thankyou.  The girls at work took up a collection for me when my sister passed away & I am donating that to lung cancer :)

I am sorry to hear you lost your sister, my condolences go out to you and all of those touched by this loss.

Best wishes in the upcoming race.

Take Care

RSS

© 2014   Created by AmyLCA.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service