2/29/12 Sinus CT Scan
3/07/12 Scheduled surgery for blocked front sinuses for 3/12/12. Went to hosp. for pre-op tests.
3/08/12 Chest xray showed something new. Had a Chest CT scan done right away.
3/09/12 Spot on upper left lobe of lung. Cancel sinus surgery & go to pulmonary dr. Need to get PET scan done.
3/13/12 Golf ball size mass in lung. Probably cancer. 2 spots but one is small and from an old injury (been there for 3 or so years).
3/19/12 PET Scan
3/20/12 PET scan shows cancer in both spots. Need biopsy & surgery to remove part of lung.
3/23/12 Needle biopsy through back. Lung collapsed. Admitted to hosp. (in 8 days) Stopped smoking (DUH)
3/27/12 Biopsy results, family conference. Malignant adenocarcinoma, NSCLC. Curable with surgery. Not sure about small spot - will know after surgery & path reports.
4/03/12 Met w/thoracic surgeon. Need Pulmonary functon test. Not cardiologist though.
4/10/12 PFT & Lung Scans. Lobectomy surgery set for 4/23/12 w/Scheinin at Methodist.
4/20/12 Broke out in Shingles. Postpone surgery for a week.
4/30/12 Lobectomy - remove ULL. Methodist Hospital.
5/03/12 Atrial Fibulation common because of surgery. Heart monitor on. Having trouble w/pocket.
5/05/12 Home. Got path report - adenocarcinoma & squamous (small spot) both in ULL. Cancer free. Not in the lymph nodes. Staged at IB.
5/15/12 Follow-up w/Dr. Scheinin. Need oncologist for preventative care. Cancer is gone though.
5/23/12 Birthday & Bella's kindergarten graduation. Having trouble walking, balance, moving. Brain & body not meshing at all. Pain meds? Epidural after effects? Not sure this cancer is really gone.
6/06/12 Go to PCP to do neuro check up. Failed miserably. Using cane to walk. Alien left arm syndrome
6/11/12 Brain MRI at So. Loop Imaging
6/12/12 Go to PCP for MRI results. Baseball size (6cm x 4cm) tumor in brain. Moves me to Stage IV. Need neurosurgeon. Life threatening.
6/13/12 Met Medical oncologist. Says need brain surgery.
6/15/12 Neurosurgeon. Can't do surgery until 6/27 because of privileges at MH Mem City.
6/18/12 2nd opinion neurosurgeon. Can do surgery on 6/20/12 at St. Joseph's. Losing movement each day.
6/20/12 Image Guided Craniotomy, bilateral. (Right posterior Parietal Occipital lobe)
6/24/12 Home from St. Joe. Can't be left alone. Therapists & nurses to come over. Need Radiation.
6/26/12 Met w/ radiation onc. dr. Need WBR w/Boosts.
6/29/12 CT Scan at St. Joe because of bad headaches
7/02/12 Radiology Oncologist 2nd opinion. Said same thing as 1st but at MHNW.
7/06/12 Radiation simulation set-up.
7/09/12 PET Scan - No evidence of new tumors in rest of body.
7/10/12 Radiation begins. Stitches removed at Neurosurgeons. Left a piece of tumor in there. Too dangerous to take out? 10 treatments & 5 Boosts